NFSP Memorandum of understanding
Participating School/District: _______________________________________________
Primary/Anticipated Certified Teacher for NFSP Installed School/Organization: ______________________________________________________
Term of this agreement: This agreement shall begin with the date of acceptance of this MOU by School and end 3 calendar years later.
1. Purposea. The Parties recognize and agree that NFSP is providing the “Fishing in Schools” program and the “Cast A Lure, Catch A Student” spincasting curriculum (CALCAS) or “Cast A Fly, Catch A Student” fly fishing curriculum to School for its non-exclusive use: the instructional methodology, including but not limited to, its proprietary name, trademarks, educational curriculum, training aids, etc., for the purpose of having its NFSP Certified Teacher(s) implement the NFSP Curriculum into its programming and/or other academic agenda.b. Express the understanding of each Party to participate in supporting this cooperative arrangement.c. Provide clarification to participating Parties: Definitions:i. Fishing Education Foundation (FEF): is a 501 (c) (3) corporation; contributions to this organization are awarded as grants to schools wishing to participate in NFSP.ii. National Fishing in Schools Program (NFSP): is the registered trade name under which the program operates. “Fishing in Schools” is the “common name” given the program.iii. The logo should be employed wherever possible as a visible connection with the NFSP program.iv. The curriculum is based upon use of spincast rods as the instructional tool in the “Cast A Lure, Catch A Student” (CALCAS), or fly rods in the “Cast A Fly, Catch A Student” (CAFCAS) curriculum. v. CasTarget™ and FishTargets™ are the name of the targets and the accessories used as teaching tools in both curricula.
2. Commitment to the mutual interests of partiesa. This stipulation is dependent and contingent upon the full or partial funding support being provided by FEF/NFSP to the School. It is intended that the NFSP School participates in the Fishing in Schools Program for a period of at least three years.
3. Scope of Cooperation a. The Parties agree that they will work together to implement the NFSP curriculum into their School and to provide mutual input/feedback as to how to continually improve the program.b. Fulfillment of the NFSP School commitment includes prompt recording/reporting of results and recommendations to NFSP for unit completion evaluations, lesson plan reviews and year end recap. These are known as “Pre” and “Post” Surveys that are conducted via email once or twice per year.i. Pre-program survey – teacherii. Post-program survey – teacheriii. Post-program survey – studentsc. Training of teachers:i. Any teacher who will instruct using an NFSP Curriculum must first be trained/certified by an NFSP training authority.ii. NFSP will provide Online Training (via its LMS, NFSP CAST - Course Applications for Students & Teachers) to 1-2 teachers as an element of installation of the program.iii. Periodic re-certification may be implemented in the future. Such training/re-certification will be provided online.
4. Relationship a. The relationship among the Parties is that of supplier/client and at no time will any Party be deemed to be the agent of another. The Parties affirm that no partnership arrangement or form of representation of the other party is accepted or implied by the conditions of this Memorandum of Understanding. b. No Party shall be liable to any other Party for any matter arising from activities under this Memorandum of Understanding.5. Term and Termination a. This Agreement shall come into force from the date of the last signature and shall remain valid for a period of three years.b. This Agreement may be terminated at any time by mutual written agreement of the Parties. c. Subject to the contingencies mentioned above, either Party may unilaterally withdraw by providing sixty days written notice to the other Party.d. Upon termination by either Party, it is the intent of both parties will work together so that all equipment, supplies, curriculum materials, etc., originally provided by NFSP will be “re-cycled” to an appropriate entity for continued use as intended; .e.g., in such case, if the agreed-upon 3 year term has not yet been fulfilled, NFSP has the first right to request return of the NFSP Curriculum Kit from the NFSP School, or have the equipment transferred to another school/organization/agency as guided by them.
6. Status a. This agreement is not legally binding. No legal obligations are created by this Agreement.
The Parties have caused this AGREEMENT to be executed by their duly authorized representatives as follows.
For and on behalf of NFSP Installed School/Organization
Print name: ___________________________________________________
For and on behalf of the National Fishing in Schools Program
Print name: _____________________________________________________